Thursday, January 21, 2010

My 38th Birthday


My 38th birthday started off like most other January days. Snow was in the forecast but not until later in the day. It was a Thursday, so I went to work as usual. Because of the pending snowstorm, Steve stayed home with Riley while the boys went to school. Steve and Riley decided to bake me a birthday cake. Although Steve gets me a birthday cake every year, this was the first time he ever made a cake himself. It was a red velvet cake with cream cheese icing. I think Steve was pretty proud of himself because he texted me a picture of the finished product. I have to admit, it looked pretty good. By mid morning, the snow was really coming down. I came home from work early because the roads were getting bad. After dinner, Steve and the boys took their four wheelers out in the snow. We ended the day with birthday cake and ice cream. Yum!

No comments: