Sunday, December 9, 2012

O Christmas Tree

Whoever came up with the idea that setting up the Christmas tree was suppose to be a great holiday family tradition? Of course, the ornament part is fun I guess. It is all the steps that have to happen before that sometimes leave me wanting to pull out my hair. This year, it seemed like the motto for the day was "If something can go wrong, it probably will." I don't remember another year that was quite so bad. The lights were the worst! I got so frustrated that several strings ended up in the trash. After all that, I had to take a little break before calling the kids in to help with ornaments. I wasn't exactly caught up in the spirit of Christmas. Ha! It reminded me how great it is to be a kid. You really get to experience all of the joys in life with little of the frustration. The kids came in, oohed and aahed about how pretty the tree was and set to work on the ornaments. It makes all the effort worthwhile.
 


No comments: