Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Ice, Ice Baby

We have been snowed, or rather iced in for the last two days. On Monday night (January 31st), the storm began. Conditions got even worse on Tuesday. Tuesday night, the wind grew strong. Ice chunks fell from the trees, and tree branches that were covered with ice began to break. It was a noisy night and difficult to sleep. Many in our area have been without power due to the ice taking down power lines. Fortunately, our power just flickered a few times Tuesday evening but stayed on. School has been cancelled the last two days. Although my work was just delayed both days, I chose not to go in. I will drive in snow. Ice is a whole other story. Today, we got an inch or so of snow on top of the ice. The fresh fallen snow looked beautiful around sunset. I took Riley outside to capture a few pictures. The weather is improving. I will be back to work tomorrow. The kids just found out that they have yet another day off school. Although I am not a big fan of winter storms, it was nice to have a couple of snow days.











1 comment:

Mark said...

Riley you look really cute and a little cold in those pictures.