Monday, February 28, 2011

Heart Breaker

Our lives have been filled with basketball this winter. With Cole and Trent both playing on rec league basketball teams, they each have a practice and a game every week. In addition, we have gone to seven or eight Flyers games and watched most every other Flyers game on tv. Not to mention, trying to follow the NUMBER ONE ranked Buckeyes basketball team as best we can. Even with all that basketball, we were still looking forward to the UD vs. Xavier game on Sunday. It was my boys' first UD/Xavier game, and I was excited for them to experience it.

The first half was not pretty. UD couldn't make their shots. Their rebounding was almost as bad. At halftime, UD was losing by 12. The arena was quiet. It looked like the experience we were hoping for wasn't meant to be.

A couple of minutes into the second half, UD finally came alive. The momentum built, and the game grew close. The crowd was on its feet and making lots of noise-my boys and I included. UD tied it up with less than two minutes to go. It was exhilarating and stressful all at the same time. This is what we came to see! Unfortunately, UD just didn't have enough in them at the end. They lost 62 to 66. But, what a second half! We left feeling frustrated and disappointed but still happy . UD lost, but they fought to the end. You can't really ask for more than that.

I have enjoyed yet another season of UD basketball with my boys. I don't know if or where they will each go to college, but I think they will always love the Flyers. Go UD!





No comments: