Sunday, June 12, 2011

Party in the "Park"

About a month ago, Riley told me that she wanted a party in the park for her birthday since she already had a house party. It wasn't a park exactly, but we had Riley's 4th birthday party at Cottonwood Campground in Versailles where Mark, Jace, and Troy and Lori have their trailers. Although the day started cool and overcast, the sun came out and it warmed up just in time for the party.

Riley had decided that she wanted a Little Mermaid birthday cake and decorations. When we went to the party store to get them, she saw and then asked for a Little Mermaid dress to wear at her party. She even got matching Little Mermaid jewelry from Grandma Howell to go along with the dress. I did talk her into just wearing the dress at present time.

Riley liked all of her presents. They were all "girly" which suits her perfectly. After she was done opening the presents, I told her we had one last surprise for her. She shut her eyes, and we brought a Disney Princess bike. She loved it.

It was a great day to celebrate a great little girl. I think I have said this a hundred times in the past week, but I just cannot believe she is four. I feel so blessed that God gave us a big surprise four years and nine months ago. She turned out to be one of the best gifts of my life.




















No comments: